Thursday, April 2, 2009

Are You Sweet and Tangy?


Look good?

It tastes good too!

I may have mentioned before that pineapple is one of my favorite fruits. I actually cut it up into smoothies, which are my mainstay, every day. 

So when the guys at Jerky.com, who are famous for their beef jerky, asked me to try out their pineapple jerky and tell you what I thought about it, I said yes.

It’s very good!

For better or worse, I have a terrible sweet tooth, and while I’m pretty good about eating healthy, I never turn down dessert. That gets me into trouble, particularly since I run after Z and T all day, and tend to stay up way too late, and even if I’ve already had dessert, at various times throughout the day, I always seem to think it’s the perfect time for more.

This thought process is, obviously, a recipe for disaster.

The pineapple jerky they sent me from Jerky.com is like candy. It’s sweet, and tangy, and  fragrant, and chewy, which means I have to slow down, enjoy it in all its pineapple-y goodness, AND, it’s simply made of pineapple and honey. That’s it. No preservatives, or stabilizers or chemicals you can’t spell, much less pronounce. So I can eat more than a few pieces of it and feel no guilt. It’s also very portable, which means it can live in your glove compartment or hand bag and go everywhere you go. Mmmm!

Did you know that pineapple is an excellent anti-oxidant? And a fabulous digestive aid?

I already knew that, which is one of the reasons I eat it every day, So, not only is the pineapple jerky delicious, it’s also very good for you!

I asked Brad what he thought, and he said, “Mmm, It’s good. It really is.”

And then I asked Zip what he thought, and he said, “It’s mine!” And I had to struggle to get him to share.

And then I asked Tizzy what he thought, and well, never mind... We all know Tizzy doesn’t eat fruit. Which is one of the reasons I’m hoping that they’ll send me some of their exotic jerky’s that they sell in their beef jerky gift basket, because while he may not eat fruit, he might get a real kick out of eating an alligator, or a buffalo, or an ostrich for goodness sake.

But don’t take my word for it, go check them out for yourself, and don’t forget to come back here and tell me which of their exotic, or tame, jerky’s gets your mouth watering.

3 comments:

Woman in a Window said...

I've heard about them, actually. Now I'm salivating...

Lisa Nelsen-Woods said...

The best pineapple I ever had was when I spent my college Spring Break in Japan. It was in season and was so sweet. No other pineapple since as compared...

Casey said...

That sounds really good right about now. I'm off to have some pineapple.